Do you know those kinds of holidays that leave you in absolute awe regarding your surroundings and the world we live in, that leave you pinching yourself to make sure you’re actually experiencing real life and not just in a dream world fantasy? Well, that’s the feeling one ultimately gets the minute they arrive at An Lam Retreat, Ninh Van Bay.
Due to Covid19 and national lockdown, my partner and I had given in to the fact that we will be stuck in Vietnam for Christmas. After searching long and hard on Booking.com, Airbnb, Agoda and so forth, for the perfect vacation destination we have not yet been in the four years we have lived in Nam. Finally – a girlfriend of mine put me out of my agony by mentioning this great elite spot which is located on a private island just off of Nha Trang.
The resort was spectacular, I mean it was luxurious, boutique and captivating in a ‘not trying too hard’ kind of way. The private car from the airport and boat from the ferry docking to the resort was arranged directly by the resort at no additional charge. The minute we arrived at the dock we were greeted with Ginger teas & candies, we took our private boat to the island and were immediately blown away once in the water, we loved the hospitality, attention to detail and most of all, scenery.
The bungalows were nothing short of amazing with a outdoor and indoor daybed, TV, king size bed, walk in closet, shower, bathtub overlooking the trees, deck, sunbeds & plunge pool. We were spoilt and loving every second of it. Oh and best of all, every person who also stays at An Lam is assigned a personal butler who will help you take care of absolutely anything during your stay.
What we LOVED:
- AMAZING communal swimming pool overlooking the ocean
- Games room where I finally figured out how to play table tennis (25 years too late!? LOL)
- Free activities included like yoga and kayaking which we couldn’t get enough of
- Best bungalow accommodation we have yet to stay in, in Vietnam
- Kiss goodbye beach dehydration for the duration of your stay at An Lam Retreat with replenished glass water bottles stocked on your sunbed, on demand
- The best spa experience we have come across, located high above the trees in a treehouse bungalow with the sound of the river passing by, my partner hates and I mean hates massages and he fell asleep during this one because he was so relaxed
- The food on the menu is great! Limited but great. We truly felt like we had a taste of Asia (which can be delivered right to your bungalow as ‘in-house dining’, set up on your patio outdoor furniture) with various Indonesian, Vietnamese and fusion delights listed.
- Last but not lease, an insane Breakfast buffet which reminds you why this resort is deemed as 5 star worthy
If you love all these things, book a stay directly on the An Lam Retreat website to qualify for special discounts when choosing the residency package.
We also can’t get enough of these sunsets I mean WHAT!?! Until next time I’ll leave you with this xx